at.tri.tion \*-'trish-*n\ \-'trish-n*l, -'trish-*n-*l\ n [L attrition-, attritio, fr. attritus, pp. of atterere] [ME attricioun, fr. (assumed) ML attrition-, attritio, fr. L]to rub against, fr. ad- + terere to rub - more at THROW 1: sorrow for one's sins that arises from a motive other than that of the love of God 2: the act of rubbing together : FRICTION; also : the act of wearing or grinding down by friction 3: the act of weakening or exhausting by constant harassment or abuse - at.tri.tion.al aj
- dnsscan - a fast scanner for identifying open recursive dns resolvers
- SpyBye - helps web masters determine if their web pages have been compromised and install malware.
- Netlayout, a physics driven network topology visualization tool.
- Systrace, interactive policy generation for system calls. Supports Linux, Mac OS X, NetBSD and OpenBSD.
- Honeyd, a virtual honeynet daemon with personality. [Honeyd Honeypot Development]
- OpenSSH - popular open source SSH implementation.
- Privilege Separated OpenSSH, preventing privilege escalation.
- libio, a simple library that abstracts data transport into data sources and data sinks connected via multiple filters.
- Stegdetect, an automated tool for detecting steganographic content in images. This steganography detector is capable of detecting: jsteg, jphide, and outguess 0.13b. It includes stegbreak, a tool that launches dictionary attacks against steganographic systems and xsteg, a graphical frontend to stegdetect.
- Vomit, Voice Over Misconfigured Internet Telephones.
- Crawl, A Small and Efficient HTTP crawler.
- libevent, a simple library for callbacks on I/O events. It includes support for kqueue.
- ScanSSH, a fast open proxy and SSH Version scanner.
- OutGuess, a universal steganography program, allowing for deniability, best image fits and more. It's core is independant of the cover data format.
- NetBSD, a portable UNIX-like operating system.
For those of us who are favored with an understanding of the German language, two rather old writings of mine:
- A short article I was asked to write for a magazine about the Internet. It is written in German.
- A seminar talk for the Physics Deparment at the University of Hamburg: Thermodynamik und Nachhaltigkeit. Also in German.
To keep my creative chaos in reign I also maintain some notes, on things I have done, want to follow up on, or think are interesting in general. Recently, I also started Age of Ignorance to document some of the developments that lead to stifled innovation and the restriction of knowledge.